ZONE 5 PENALTY REPORTING & SCHEDULING POLICIES
- Clubs (and their teams) need to self-report when a player is ejected from the Zone game within 24hrs (i.e. receives a game misconduct (GM), match (MP) or gross misconduct (GRM) penalty). Teams also need to self-report when a team exceeds the Total Penalty Minutes policy (i.e. if a team accumulates 26 penalty minutes in U11 or below, or 36 penalty minutes in U13 or above, the head coach of the team will receive an automatic game misconduct as per OLA’s Automatic Discipline Policy).
- Self reporting means that the club (recommend president, or team manager with cc to president and rep director) must report the infraction via email (please include the game #, date) to the Zone 5 Referee-in-Chief <garretcvh(at)yahoo.com> and cc the Zone 5 Director <olazone5director(at)gmail.com> by email within 24 hours of the occurrence. The Zone 5 RIC will review the game sheet and advise on next steps as per OLA’s Automatic Discipline Policy.
- The player does not participate in game action until suspensions are served fully.
- Failure to report any of the above infractions within:
- 24 hours = $100 fine
- 72 hours = $200 fine
- beyond 72 hours = $500 fine and immediate suspension of the head coach of the team in question until dealt with by the Zone 5 Discipline Committee
If a team uses a player who should have been suspended and the players participation was not approved by the Zone 5 RIC, the player in question will be suspended indefinitely and club fined $500. For all subsequent offenses involving the use of a suspended player, a $1000 fine will be levied per violation.
The OLA Automatic Discipline Policy is in effect for all participants (players, bench personnel, volunteers) of the u9, u11, u13, u15, u17 and u22 and corresponding girls’ divisions of OLA box lacrosse. All fines and suspensions are automatic once they have been recorded on the OLA game sheet and signed off by the referees. It is the sole responsibility of the penalized team to adhere to the OLA’s Minor Box Automatic Discipline Policy throughout the entire season.
GAME CANCELLATION OR RESCHEDULE
The zone has a game cancellation & rescheduling policy. For rescheduling, as long as there is a minimum of 14 days notice (10 business days) then there will be no fine.
- Reschedule with less than 14 days (or 10 business days) notice $100
- <48 hours notice / No Show = $500
Club schedulers will work together establishing the initial zone game schedule. Once the initial schedule has been created, games can be rescheduled/canceled as per zone policy. Once schedulers have agreed on a schedule change an email must be sent by one of the club schedulers (cc’in the other scheduler) to the Zone 5 scheduler. The ZOne 5 scheduler will then update the game accordingly in Gamesheet Inc (as well as the shadow schedule in Google Sheets).
Zone 5 is using GameSheet Inc for the 2023 season. All Zone 5 clubs are required to upload teams rosters and use the GameSheet Inc iPad scoring app for zone games in 2023. Scores recorded through GameSheet Inc will be automatically synced with MyLaxrankings.com.